Dr. Zwissler advises clients in the fields of corporate, banking and capital markets law and in all matters related to corporate finance.
Other focal points of his work include advice and representation in relation to
- M&A transactions (public and private) and equity investment projects (private equity/venture capital)
- Annual general meetings of public and private companies
- Corporate litigation
- Contracts with directors and officers (management board members and managing directors) and D&O liability lawsuits
- Banking regulation (German Banking Act, Capital Investment Code, Payment Services Oversight Act), Fintech industry and platform economy
- Going global and outsourcing projects
Dr. Zwissler has extensive experience as member of supervisory and advisory boards of various companies ans associations. He serves as Chairman of the Banking, Finance and Securities Committee of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA) and he is past Chairman of LawExchange International.
Dr. Zwissler regularly publishes and lectures on topics of current interest in his fields of specialty.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Dr. Zwissler is described by JUVE Law Guide as “frequently recommended lawyer”. He is among the lawyers recommended by in-house company lawyers in kanzleimonitor.de 2018/2019 and he is also recommended by “Best Lawyers” for corporate law.
- Licensed to practice law since 1997
- Advising on the sale of a financial services provider regulated by the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
- Advice on the stock option program of an exchange-listed company
- Advising client on the corporate and family governance of their family-owned enterprise
- Obtainment of a BaFin decision on the exemption from the obligation to submit a public takeover offer under the Securities Acquisition and Takeover Act
- Advice of exchange-listed companies on takeover offers
- Advice on the business model and contractual documentation for a crowd-funding company
- Advising Fintech spinoff, particularly on the subject of business modelling, admissibility under the German Banking Act, and contractual conditions for the planned platform
- Advice of regulated financial services providers from England and Switzerland on the admissibility under supervisory law of providing services in Germany
- Advice on setting-up and financing of a subsidiary in India
- Venture capital financing (ongoing)
- Advice and representation of directors and officers in relation to joining and resigning from companies (ongoing)