Dr. May provides comprehensive advice on property development projects and on real estate and real estate portfolio transactions. His contract formulation work mainly involves complex, interlocking purchase/sale, construction and rental/lease agreements. Dr. May is experienced in all asset classes: high-volume office, hospitality and residential projects, shopping centers and logistics. In this context, his work is particularly focused on advising clients on hotel and boarding house projects, more recently supplemented by alternative housing forms such as co-living.
Dr. May is responsible for the Hospitality practice group at Zirngibl.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Dr. May has been cited and recommended for many years as an especially proficient and experienced real estate lawyer. He is often asked to speak at the lecture series and continuing education events of both commercial vendors and enterprises.
- High school diploma from Gymnasium Unterhaching
- Studied in Augsburg and Munich
- First State Exam in Munich
- Advanced practical legal training at Munich Higher Regional Court, partly in Montreal, Canada
- Second State Exam in Munich
- Ongoing, comprehensive advice of a group of property developers throughout Germany
- Ongoing, comprehensive advice of an exchange-listed property developer in matters of real estate and construction law
- Ongoing advice of various investment companies on real estate sales and purchases
- Lead role in the acquisition process for the acquisition of a complex property management company by a foreign market participant
- Advice on the development of a company headquarters building (several thousand square meters of floor space) and on the exit to a foreign financial investor